Take Nursing Home & Medicaid Advice With A Grain Of Salt

There’s the old adage, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. The latest iPhone for $10? A 60” flat screen TV for $25? Your dream Hawaiian vacation for $100? Yes, it’s probably too good to be true. The adage can be applied to just about every aspect of life. The amount ofKeep Reading

Estate Planning 101

Despite what you may think, read or have been told, estate planning isn’t about what happens after you die. Under the best circumstances, it deals with the time before death. To cause less headaches and stress after your death, it’s best to take time now to do some estate planning measures. Estate planning is aboutKeep Reading

Introduction To Medicaid

Here’s a fact you may not be aware of: More than 70 percent of nursing home residents are currently receiving Medicaid. Yes, you read that correct, 70 percent. And here’s something else: the remaining 30 percent of nursing home residents will also be on Medicaid within six to 18 months. With the average monthly costKeep Reading

Assisted Living Or Nursing Home?

It’s the middle-of-the-night phone call we all dread receiving: Dad fell and broke his hip. After a stay at the hospital, which involved surgery, and a stint at the local rehab facility, Dad is sent home. But taking care of him is almost too much for your aging mother, whose health isn’t much better thanKeep Reading

Asset Protection 101

We all are familiar with this scenario: Mr. Jones is a widower with three children, but only one of them live in the area. Then, in the early hours, Mr. Jones falls and breaks a hip. He goes to the hospital. Following a two-week stay, instead of going home, Mr. Jones is sent to aKeep Reading